Draga is a smaller expanded village among the vineyards and orchards along the foot of Vinji Vrh and on the southern part of Krško hills. They discovered remains of the Roman road and antique graves there. Succursal of St. Helen church at the pier above the village with its Roman single-apsidal ground basis has a fresco of St. Christoph on the outer side with the donor's writing from 1535 and a »gold« Baroque altar from the beginning of the 18th century.
Draga was first mentioned in 1251 in Klevevž land registry, the church itself was mentioned later in 1581 in Bizanc inventory. As the succursal of Bela Cerkev parish church it was also mentioned in records from the years 1667 and 1677. It was also mentioned in Valvasor's Glory of the Duchy of Carniola from 1689. The church was also listed in records from Goriško archives from the years 1753 and 1757.
In the middle of the 19th century the church was in such a bad condition that for four years they didn't give any service. In 1869 they carried out bigger renovation works, where the walls of the nave were made taller, a new roof was built, and the wooden tile made of basins was replaced with a brick one. The church bell was also restored. In the beginning of the 20th century the church was again neglected to the point where there was no service given. The people in charge of the monument services were already becoming aware of the architectural importance of the church of St. Helen, which is why they intervened with the priest and gave him the renovation instructions. They fixed the roof, painted the interior and exterior, renovated the altar and painted two big angels with the symbols of Christ's suffering on the arch wall. The church building was given a thorough renovation in the years 1988 - 1998. During this time it became clear that the church belongs to the group of Roman churches, defined by a rectangular ground plan with a flat ceiling in the nave and a semicircularly arched apse.
There is a folk tradition connected to the church of St. Helen saying that it is such an old church that even Cyril and Methodious gave services there on their way to Rome. It also says that the church was built by St. Hema. Her crew was supposed to control the old Roman road from the guardhouse right by the place where they built church of St. Helen in the 17th century.