Ortschaften in der Gemeinde
The village extends on Vinji Vrh hill over Krka valley and over Ljubljana-Zagreb highway. Houses are spread among the vineyards and orchards, and there are a lot of vineyard cottages and summer houses. From the top you have a nice view over Krka valley, Gorjanci hills and Radulja hills. The prehistoric settlement at Veliki Vinji Vrh took over most of the extensive crate with the church of St. Joseph. Its form is adjusted to the terrain and it was also fortified with a rampart. It is one of the most important sites of the Iron Age in Slovenia. The settlement also had burial mounds and plain burials. At the top they also discovered some early medieval graves. The village was first mentioned in 1074. The medieval succursal church of St. Joseph had a presentative Roman style and a partly Gothic-style window. In the beginning of the 18th century the church was built up in Baroque style. From that time we can also see the excellent altar equipment with V. Metzinger workshop painting St. Joseph's death, Baroque organs and a positive which was made by J.J. Eisel in the middle of the 18th century.